Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Tim Hardaway: Revealed

Former NBA All-Star Tim Hardaway once again reminded us how important free speech is. In an interview sparked by the revelation from last week that former NBA center John Amaechi is gay, Hardaway had this to say:

“You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States. First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team. And second of all, if he was on my team, I would, you know, really distance myself from him because, uh, I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room.”

Predicatably, he later said his comments were a "mistake" and that he "shouldn't have said I hate gay people." That's where you're wrong, Tim. We NEED people like you to say stuff like that, so the whole world can see what a fucking asshole you are. That's what free speech is for.

No comments: